Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas spirit

I can't help it... I'm a sucker for Christmas and everything with it.

From Christmas trees, to Christmas decorations, Christmas cookies, Christmas music, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, going to church, baking gingerbread cookies, decorating the gingerbread house.... the list is endless.

And so are the number of calories in everything we eat around this time of year. Bah
So now I'm looking for a way to make my favorite Christmas cookies low calorie... and NOT loose their flavour.. If that's even possible!

Sometimes I wish we lived in the States and I could have turkey for dinner. At least that would save me a couple of hundred calories on Christmas Eve. Although your stuffing and side dishes are probably stuffed with calories too...
But no. Since I live in Norway we eat Christmas ribs, with sausages and meatballs, sauerkraut and red cabbage, and potatoes soaked in rib fat . And finish the meal with caramel pudding with whipped cream!





And I wish I could say I don't like it. But I love it!!! It's the best

My absolute favorite Christmas cookies are Mandeln Lebkuchen, Almond slices. A German Christmas cookie that my mother has always baked for Christmas. I think there's about 100 calories in each little cookie.

I'll better be prepared...  I'll be fat as a pig again when Christmas is over....

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas too.
    But you eat funny food at Christmas!
    I think I'll stick with turkey.

    ReplyDelete